Featured Post

baked cabbage

Baked Cabbage- The bacon adds flavor while the browned butter adds it’s own unique taste. It’s absolutely delicious! This is a recipe you are going to LOVE.
how the idea for this baked cabbage started…
Last summer we had a party on Gilberts Creek and one of our friends made a whole baked cabbage head. She cored the cabbage and took a slice off of the bottom of it to make it sit upright.
She filled the hole in the cabbage with butter, seasoned it with salt and pepper, wrapped it in foil and baked it. Because it was a whole head of cabbage and not cut into wedges it took well over two hours (more like 3) to bake through.

Paul loved the baked cabbage and wanted me to make it yesterday. It was 92 degrees here, just the thought of the oven being on for 3 hours without the air conditioning in yet was enough to send me into a hot flash.
I decided to modify…

How I modified it…

After looking at many Baked Cabbage recipes I decided to use one from The Kitchn that I slightly modified. I set the oven to 450 degrees and then was ready to begin!
The cabbage was cut into wedges, put into a roasting pan, salt and peppered and then drizzled with a little olive oil. I laid cut up bacon pieces over the cabbage, then I started thinking…

The reason Paul loved the whole baked cabbage head recipe from last summer was because of the butter. He loved the soft, baked cabbage and butter mixed together.

I melted a 1/4 cup of butter and let it brown. Browned butter has a very unique flavor that is delicious! You have to be careful when cooking it though, it can quickly go from browned to burnt. I drizzled the browned butter over the cabbage.

I placed foil over the baking pan for the first 30 minutes of cooking and took the foil off for the last 30 minutes or so until the cabbage was getting golden brown and tender.

What kitchen items do I need for this recipe?


Here is the great news- you only need two kitchen items for the baked cabbage!

Having a roasting pan is a great investment, not only for this recipe. I never knew all the ways a roasting pan could be used until I stumbled upon this list of sixty recipes to use with a roasting pan!

The other item you need is a small saucepan. Yes, that’s it! If you have these two things in your kitche, you are all set and ready to go.

Ready to get the baked cabbage started?!

OH YES!  The bacon adds flavor while the browned butter adds it’s own unique taste. It was absolutely delicious!  This is a Baked Cabbage recipe you are absolutely going to LOVE.  Enjoy!


Sumber : https://bunnyswarmoven.net/baked-cabbage/

Komentar